25 October 2010
Business Secretary Vince Cable today announced that the Government is considering a radical overhaul of the state pension system, in line with recommendations in the recent Open Left report ‘Liberation Welfare’. The report recommends a move towards a single tier, non-means-tested contributory state pension.
Open Left Archive
Open Left Events
Our Favourite Posts
- It’s the ‘squeeze’ not the ‘middle’ that matters
- BBC Politics Show
- Douglas Alexander speech - in full
- Understanding Labour's political decay
- Govt considers Open Left pension proposals
Open Left in the news
- BBC News: Balls urges Labour to focus on Tories, not Lib Dems
- BBC Radio 4: Today Programme
- Daily Telegraph: Justice is the litmus test of society – and Labour's would-be leaders
- Daily Telegraph: Labour lost election because voters turned against big state
- Fabians' Next Left on Society of Equals report
- FT: Labour’s stance on cuts cost it votes, poll finds
- Guardian: Ed Balls: Labour leadership candidates letting Conservatives off hook
- James Purnell in The Times: We must listen and learn before we jump
- LabourList on Society of Equals report
- LabourList: interview with James Purnell
- LabourList: The Politics of Perpetual Renewal
- Left Foor Forward: Purnell sets out his grand vision
- Left Foot Forward: Leadership race comes alive with debate on immigration
- Left Foot Forward: The right didn’t win but the left did lose
- Liberal Conspiracy – Where does Labour go from here?
- New Statesman: 'Five candidates without the vision thing.'
- New Statesman: Balls should be listened to on cuts
- New Statesman: Newsnight could blow open Leadership contest
- New Statesman: The Candidates need to show leadership by saying what they would do differently
- Open Democracy: James 'Kiddo' Purnell praising and burying New Labour
- Politics.co.uk Poll: Labour must accept 'big society'
- Politics.co.uk: David Miliband attacks 'immoral' City
- Poll: Labour must accept 'big society'
- Progress Magazine: A radical approach to tackling unemployment
- Progress: Ditch the ‘betrayal’ analysis
- Progress: Education Education Education
- Progress: The return of ideology
- Public Service: Labour hopefuls ''should back Big Society''
- Spectator: Balls: let's remain on the centre ground and oppose cuts
- Spectator: Forward to the past with post-Blairism
- The 'big society': it's a funny thing but Cameron's on to something
- The Guardian Comment is Free: Immigration will define Labour leadership contest
- The Guardian reports on 'The Future of Labour' Event
- The Independent: Steve Richards on 'The false promise of romantic ideas'
- Total Politics: James Purnell on the centre-left
- Total Politics: Liam Byrne on 'How Labour Wins Again.'
- http://www.kraounakis.gr/images/index.asp?s++銉栥儵銉冦偗銉曘儵銈lackflys-銈点兂銈般儵銈?fly-coast-bf-9504-47944++d&g銉夈儷銉併偋&銈儍銉愩兗銉?銈点兂銈般儵銈?dd3053-504/8e-銆愬湪搴竴鎺?鏈€澶?0: ...
- 【エントリーでポイント10倍以上可能！】【あす楽18時まで！】LVR-SD120H エレコ: ...
- Horen Halley: I just want to tell you that you are the best writer I am really impressed to see these type of...
- 釣具のポイント 北九州,【アウトレット商品】アルファタックル(alpha tackle) T-BAR デ: ...
- jeu facebook 5 et j'en suis fiere: Article writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with then you can write if not...
Join the Mailing List
Go to Demos
Labour Leader Election events
Open Left launch
Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, writes for Open Left about what being on the left means to her. Click here to see what she thinks.
- No public Twitter messages.
Friends on the Left
- 38 Degrees
- A Big Block Of Cheese
- Alastair Campbell
- And Another Thing
- Anthony Painter
- Billy Bragg
- Bob Piper
- Comment Is Free
- Demos Publication: What next for Labour?
- Demos Website
- Frank Owen's Paintbrush
- Futile Democracy
- Guardian Politics Blog
- Hopi Sen
- John McDonnell
- Kerron Cross
- Kerry McCarthy
- Labour and Capital
- Labour Home
- Labour List
- Labour Matters
- Labour Space
- Left Foot Forward
- Liberal Conspiracy
- Liberty Central
- London Citizens
- Luke Akehurst
- Mark Thomas
- Matthew Taylor
- New Statesman: The Staggers
- Next Left
- No Right Turn
- Recess Monkey
- Rupa Huq
- Tax Research UK
- The Fabian Society
For an archive of Open Left project press, see here.